Yi Zhang, Ph.D.
ABLife BioBigData Institute
388 Gaoxin 2nd RD
Optics Valley International Biomedical Park, Building 18-1
East Lake High-Tech Development Zone
Mobile phone: 86-13317198317
Optics Valley International Biomedical Park, Building 9-4
388 Gaoxin 2nd RD
Wuhan, Hubei 430075, China
Mobile phone: 86-13317198317
Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Member of the State Key Laboratory of Virology
Principle Investigator of RNA Research Group
College of Life Sciences
Wuhan 430072, China
Education and Research Experience
- Ph.D. Molecular genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, USA, 2000.
- B.S. Microbiology, Nankai University, China, 1992.
- 1992-1993 Research assistant, Northeast Pharmaceutical General Factory，Shenyang, China
- 1993-1994 Technician, Ag-Biotech Center, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
- 1994-1999 Pre-doctoral graduate student, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA.
- Jan. -June 2000
- Post-doc fellow, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA.
- 2000-2003 Associate professor, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University
- 2003-2010 Professor, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University
- 2001-2006 Associate Dean, Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University
- 2010-present CEO & Chief Scientist, ABLife, Inc.
National Service Appointment
- 2009-2010 Member, Editor Board of Frontiers in Biology
- 2002-2003 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China, organizer
- 2002-2010 Committee member of the Chinese Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology-RNA branch
- 2002-2010 Regular reviewer for the National Natural Science Foundation of China, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2004-2010 Regular reviewer for Starting Fund for Returning Scholars, Ministry of Education
- 2004-2010 Member, Editor Board of Chinese Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Members of RNA Society, American Society of Microbiology
Referee：Nucleic Acids Research, Journal Molecular Biology, Applied Biochemistry and Biotech, International Journal of Integrative Biology, Chinese Science Bulletin, Progress in Natural Science, National Science Foundation (USA)，The Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
- 2007 National Bilingual Teaching Demonstration course (Molecular Biology)
- 2006 National Quality Course (Molecular Biology)
- 2003 Excellent Teacher of graduate course, Wuhan University
- 2002 InTec (Xiamen) Excellent Junior Teacher
2010-present：NGS-based genome-wide studies on RNA regulation, functional genomics and epigenomics, and the related topics on translational medicine and health.
- Regulation of alternative splicing in human cells，and its application in oncogenesis and genetic diseases.
- Genome regulation by Noncoding RNAs (miRNA and LncRNA), and the implication in development and cancer diagnosis and therapeutics.
- Alternative splicing of HBV pre-genomic RNA and anti-viral applications.
2000-2009：Folding, structure and splicing of group I introns; Bacterial DNA partition
Honors and Awards
- 2020 100 Outstanding Women Scientific and Technological Innovation Talents in Hubei Province
- 2013 100 Talents Programme of Hubei Province, the 3rd High-Level Oversea Talent Selection
- 2012 Optics Valley of Talents Scheme 3551
- 2011 Advances in Science and Technology of China Top Ten Science News
- 2006 New Century Excellent Talents in University (NCET)
- 2006 Advanced science and technology worker of 2006, Wuhan University
- 2003 Wuhan Morning Program (Young Talent)
- 2003 Advanced worker for International Exchange and Cooperation with Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, Wuhan University
Recent representative publications (ABLife)
- A novel antiviral lncRNA, EDAL, shields a T309 O-GlcNAcylation site to promote EZH2 lysosomal degradation. Baokun Sui, Dong Chen, Wei Liu, Qiong Wu, Bin Tian, Yingying Li, Jing Hou, Shiyong Liu, Juan Xie, Hao Jiang, Zhaochen Luo, Lei Lv, Fei Huang, Ruiming Li, Chengguang Zhang, Yuling Tian, Min Cui, Ming Zhou, Huanchun Chen, Zhen F. Fu, Yi Zhang*& Ling Zhao*. Genome Biology volume 21, Article number: 228 (2020)
- Chromatin modifier MTA1 regulates mitotic transition and tumorigenesis by orchestrating mitotic mRNA processing. Jian Liu, Chunxiao Li, Jinsong Wang, Dongkui Xu, Haijuan Wang, Ting Wang, Lina Li, Hui Li, Peng Nan, Jingyao Zhang, Yang Wang, Changzhi Huang, Dong Chen, Yi Zhang, Tao Wen, Qimin Zhan, Fei Ma & Haili Qian. Nature Communicationsvolume 11, Article number: 4455 (2020)
- Poly (A)-seq: A method for direct sequencing and analysis of the transcriptomic poly (A)-tails. Fengyun Yu,Yu Zhang, Chao Cheng, Wenqing Wang, Zisong Zhou, Wenliang Rang, Han Yu, Yaxun Wei, Qijia Wu,Yi Zhang*. PloS one. Published: June 16, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0234696
- Yanjun Zhang, Lele Wang, Zhen Li, Dong chen, Wenjing Han, Zhihong Wu, Fangzheng Shang, Erhan Ha, Yaxun Wei, Rui Su, Zhihong Liu, Ruijun Wang, Zhiying Wang1, Yanhong Zhao1, Zhixin Wang1, Yi Zhang*, Jinquan Li* Transcriptome profiling reveals transcriptional and alternative splicing regulation in the early embryonic development of hair follicles in the cashmere goat. Scientific Reportsvolume 9, Article number: 17735 (2019).
- Yaping Li; Dong Chen; Luguo Sun; Yannan Wu; Ying Zou; Chen Liang; Yongli Bao; Jingwen Yi; Yu Zhang; Jing Hou; Zhen Li; Fengyun Yu; Yanxin Huang; Chunlei Yu; Lei Liu; Zaoxia Liu; Yi Zhang*; Yuxin Li*. Induced Expression of VEGFC, ANGPT, and EFNB2 and Their Receptors Characterizes Neovascularization in Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy.Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science (2019) 60(13): 4084-4096. doi:10.1167/iovs.19-26767
- Lei Wang, Ganglong Ma, Hongling Wang, Chao Cheng, Shuyong Mu, Weili Quan, Li Jiang, Zhenyong Zhao, Yu Zhang, Ke Zhang, Xuelian Wang, Changyan Tian*, Yi Zhang*. A draft genome assembly of halophyte Suaeda aralocaspica, a plant that performs C4 photosynthesis within individual cells. GigaScience (2019) 8(9):giz116. doi.org/10.1093/gigascience/giz116.
- Taolan Zhao, Qing Huan, Jing Sun, Chunyan Liu, Xiuli Hou, Xiang Yu, Ian M. Silverman, Yi Zhang, Brian D. Gregory, Chun-Ming Liu, Wenfeng Qian and Xiaofeng Cao. Impact of poly(A)-tail G-content on Arabidopsis PAB binding and their role in enhancing translational efficiency. Genome Biology (2019) 20:189. org/10.1186/s13059-019-1799-8
- Yanping Han, Dong Chen, Yanfeng Yan, Xiaofang Gao, Zizhong Liu, Yaqiang Xue, Yi Zhang*& Ruifu Yang*. Hfq Globally Binds and Destabilizes sRNAs and mRNAs in Yersinia pestis. mSystems (2019) DOI: 10.1128/mSystems.00245-19
- Yixin Li, Kejing Wu, Weili Quan, Lin Yu, Shuang Chen, Chao Cheng, Qijia Wu, Shuhong Zhao, Yi Zhang* &Lei Zhou* . The dynamics of FTO binding and demethylation from the m6A motifs. RNA biology (2019)org/10.1080/15476286.2019.1621120
- Qingling Song, Fengtao Yi*, Yuhong Zhang, Daniel K. Jun Li, Yaxun Wei, Han Yu & Yi Zhang*.CRKL regulates alternative splicing of cancer-related genes in cervical cancer samples and HeLa cell. BMC Cancer volume 19, Article number: 499 (2019)
- Ruth Zhen Li, Jing Hou, YaxunWei, Xiaotian Luo, Yali Ye, Yi Zhang*(2019). hnRNPDL extensively regulates transcription and alternative splicing. Gene 687: 125-134. doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2018.11.026
- Kaiyu Xu, Dong Chen, Zhengbo Wang, Jian Ma, Jian Zhou, Nanhui Chen, Longbao Lv, Yongtang Zheng, Xintian Hu, Yi Zhang* & Jiali Li*. Annotation and functional clustering of circRNA expression in rhesus macaque brain during aging. Cell Discovery. Volume 4, Article number: 48 (2018)
- Xueqing Zheng, Kejing Wu, Shengjie Liao, Yuemei Pan, Yanan Sun, Xinming Chen, Yi Zhang, Shu Xia, Yaying Hu & Jiali Zhang. MicroRNA-transcription factor network analysis reveals miRNAs cooperatively suppress RORA in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oncogenesis. Volume 7, Article number: 79 (2018)
- Wanjin Li, Zihan Zhang, Xinhua Liu, Xiao Cheng, Yi Zhang, Xiao Han, Yu Zhang, Shumeng Liu, Jianguo Yang, Bosen Xu, Lin He, Luyang Sun, Jing Liang, and Yongfeng Shang.The FOXN3-NEAT1-SIN3A repressor complex promotes progression of hormonally responsive breast cancer. The Journal of Clinical Investigation (2017) doi:1172/JCI94233.
- Siling Liu, Zhengbo Wang, Dong Chen, Bowen Zhang, Renrong Tian, Jing Wu, Ying Zhang, Kaiyu Xu, Liumeng Yang, Chao Cheng, Jian Ma, Longbao Lv, Yongtang Zheng, Xintian Hu, Yi Zhang*, Xiangting Wang* and Jiali Li*. Annotation and cluster analysis of spatiotemporal-and sex-related lncRNA expression in Rhesus macaque brain. Genome Research(2017) doi:10.1101/gr.217463.116
- Heng Xia, Dong Chen, Qijia Wu, Gang Wu, Yanhong Zhou, Yi Zhang*and Libin Zhang. CELF1 preferentially binds to exon-intron boundary and regulates alternative splicing in HeLa cells. BBA – Gene Regulatory Mechanisms (2017) doi:10.1016/j.bbagrm.2017.07.004
- Xuyan Peng, Guohui Shang, Wenqing Wang, Xiaowen Chen, Qiyong Lou, Gang Zhai, Dongliang Li,Zhenyu Du, Yali Ye, Xia Jin,1 Jiangyan He, Yi Zhang, and Zhan Yin. (2017) Fatty acid oxidation in zebrafish adipose tissue is promoted by 1a,25(OH)2 Cell Reports 19:1444-1455.
- Wei Liu, Xia Li, Shengjie Liao, Kefeng Dou, Yi Zhang*.(2017) Activation of the intronic cryptic 5′ splice site depends on its distance to the upstream cassette exon. Gene doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2017.03.023
- Lirong Jin, Guanglin Li, Dazhao Yu1, Wei Huang, Chao Cheng, Shengjie Liao, Qijia Wu and Yi Zhang*(2017). Transcriptome analysis reveals the complexity of alternative splicing regulation in the fungus Verticillium dahliae. BMC Genomics (2017) 18:130
- Yong Zhang, Lianfeng Gu, Yifeng Hou, Lulu Wang, Xian Deng, Runlai Hang, Dong Chen, Xiansheng Zhang, Yi Zhang, Chunyan Liu and Xiaofeng Cao(2015). Integrative genome-wide analysis reveals HLP1, a novel RNA-binding protein, regulates plant flowering by targeting alternative polyadenylation. Cell Research 25:864–876.
- Hongyu Chen, Xiuling Chen, Dong Chen, Jingfu Li, Yi Zhang*and Aoxue Wang* (2015). A comparison of the low temperature transcriptomes of two tomato genotypes that differ in freezing tolerance: Solanum lycopersicum and Solanum habrochaites. BMC Plant Biology 2015 15:132.
Previous publications (Wuhan University & UMDNJ)
- Li Jiang, Changwei Shao, Qi-Jia Wu, Geng Chen, Jie Zhou, Bo Yang, Hairi Li, Lan-Tao Gou,Yi Zhang, Yangming Wang, Gene W Yeo, Yu Zhou & Xiang-Dong Fu. NEAT1 scaffolds RNA-binding proteins and the Microprocessor to globally enhance pri-miRNA processing. Nat Struct Mol Biol. (2017) Aug 28. doi: 10.1038/nsmb.3455.
- Shao C, Yang B, Wu T, Huang J, Tang P, Zhou Y, Zhou J, Qiu J, Jiang L, Li H, Chen G, Sun H, Zhang Y, Denise A, Zhang DE, Fu XD. (2014). Mechanisms for U2AF to define 3′ splice sites and regulate alternative splicing in the human genome.Nature Structural & Molecular Biology 21:997-1005
- Zhang X, Zuo X, Yang B, Li Z, Xue Y, Zhou Y, Huang J, Zhao X, Zhou J, Yan Y, Zhang H, Guo P, Sun H, Guo L, Zhang Y, Fu XD(2014). MicroRNA directly enhances mitochondrial translation during muscle differentiation. Cell 158:607-169.
- Yanling Wang, Li Jiang, Xiong Ji, Bo Yang, Yi Zhang, Xiang-Dong Fu (2013). Hepatitis B Viral RNA Directly Mediates Down-Regulation of the Tumor Suppressor MicroRNA miR-15a/miR-16-1 in Hepatocytes. Journal Biological Chemistry 288:18484-18493. [Epub 2013 May 6]
- Yu Zhou, Yann Ponty, Stephane Vialette, Jerome Waldispuhl, Yi Zhang, and Alain Denise(2013). Flexible RNA design under structure and sequence constraints using formal languages. Proceedings of ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedical Informatics (2013).
- Yuanchao Xue, Kunfu Ouyang, Jie Huang, Yu Zhou, Hong Ouyang, Hairi Li, Gang Wang, Qijia Wu, Chaoliang Wei, Yanzhen Bi, Li Jiang, Zhiqiang Cai, Hui Sun, Kang Zhang,Yi Zhang, Ju Chen, and Xiang-Dong Fu (2013). Direct Conversion of Fibroblasts to Neurons by Reprogramming PTB-Regulated MicroRNA Circuits. Cell 152: 82-96.
- Rui Xiao, Peng Tang, Bo Yang, Jie Huang, Yu Zhou, Hairi Li, Hui Sun, Yi Zhang* and Xiang-Dong Fu*. （2012）Nuclear Matrix Factor hnRNP U/SAF-A Exerts a Global Control of Alternative Splicing by Regulating U2 snRNP Maturation. Molecular Cell45:656-668. (Cover story, March 9) [Epub ahead of print at Feb 8, 2012]
- Chen Huang, Mao-Hua Xie, Wei Liu, Bo Yang, Fan Yang, Jingang Huang, Qijia Wu, Xiang-Dong Fu and Yi Zhang*.(2011) A structured RNA in HBV PRE represses alternative splicing in a sequence-independent and position-dependent manner. FEBS Journal （Published online 2011 Apr 1）
- Lin Huang, Ping Yin, Xing Zhu, Yi Zhangand Keqiong Ye. (2011) Crystal structure and centromere binding of the plasmid segregation protein ParB from pCXC100. Nucleic Acids Research (Published online 2010 Dec 1)
- Dingding Mo, Qi-Jia Wu, Lingjia Wu, Youzhi Xu, Jun Ren, Long Wang, Lin Huang, Penghui Bao, Mao-Hua Xie, Ping Yin, Bi-Feng Liu, Yi Liang, Yi Zhang*.(2011) A maturase that specifically stabilizes and activates its cognate group I intron at high temperatures. Biochimie 93: 533-541. (Epub ahead of print at 2010 Dec 1)
- Yi Zhang*. (2010) RNA silencing mechanisms are highly differentiated in eukaryotes. Frontiers in Biology5(6): 471-472.
- W Liu W, Zhou Y, Hu Z, Sun T, Denise A, Fu X-D*, Zhang Y*. (2010)Regulation of splicing enhancer activities by RNA secondary structures. FEBS Letter 584:4401-4407
- Xue Y, Zhou Y, Wu T, Zhu T, Ji X, Kwon Y-S, Zhang C, Yeo G, Black DL, Sun H, Fu X-D*, and Zhang Y*. (2009)Genome-wide analysis of PTB binding reveals a strategy used by the general splicing repressor to positively or negatively regulate alternative splicing in mammalian cells. Molecular Cell 36:996-1006 (Cover stoty, Dec 24).
- Faculty of 1000 Biology (January 10, 2010)
- Reported by Science and Technology Daily of China (Jan. 1, 2010)
- Wang F, Fu X-D, Zhou Y, Zhang Y*. (2009)Down-regulation of the cyclin E1 oncogene expression by microRNA-16-1 induces cell cycle arrest in human cancer cells. BMB reports 42:725-730 (Nov 30)
- Zhang L, Bao P, Leibowitz MJ, Zhang Y*. (2009) Slow formation of a pseudoknot structure is rate limiting in the productive co-transcriptional folding of the self-splicing Candida intron. RNA15:1986-1992. [Epub ahead of print at Aug 26]
- Zhang L, Leibowitz MJ, Zhang Y*. (2009)Antisense oligonucleotides effectively inhibit the co-transcriptional splicing of a Candida group I intron in vitro and in vivo: Implications for antifungal therapeutics. FEBS Letters 583:734-738. [Epub online at Jan. 19, 2009]
- Xie M, Wu Q-J, Jiang Y-F, Bao P, Zhang Y*. (2009) A phage RNA-binding protein binds to a non-cognate structured RNA and stabilizes its core structure. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 378:168-173. [Epub ahead of print Nov, 2008]
- Qijia Wu, Lin Huang, Yi Zhang（2009）The structure and function of catalytic RNAs，Science in China Series C: Life Sciences 52:232-244.
- Bao P, Wu QJ, Yin P, Jiang Y, Wang X, Xie MH, Sun T, Huang L, Mo DD, Zhang Y*. (2008). Coordination of two sequential ester-transfer reactions: Exogenous guanosine binding promotes the subsequent wG binding to a group I intron. Nucleic Acids Research36: 6934 – 6943. [Epub ahead of print at Oct 31]
- Cheng L, Lin H, Fan X, Qiu S, Sun T, Li T-Y* and Zhang Y*.(2008) A novel toxin–antitoxin operon talA/B from the Gram-positive bacterium Leifsonia xyli subsp. cynodontis. FEBS Letters 582:3211-3216. [Sept 22, Epub 2008 Aug 21]
- Sun T, Zhang Y*. (2008)Pentamidine binds to tRNA through non-specific hydrophobic interactions and inhibits aminoacylation and translation. Nucleic Acids Research 36:1654-1664. [March, 2008, Epub ahead of print at Feb 7]
- Tong WP, Zhou Y, Wang X, Yang F, Wu KL, Wu J, Zhang Y*. (2008)An accurate quantitative method for screening effective siRNA probes targeting a Hepatitis B virus transcript in single living cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 367 (4):866-873 (21 March 2008).
- Zhou Y, Lu C, Wu QJ, Wang Y, Sun ZT, Deng JC, Zhang Y*. (2008)GISSD: Group I Intron Sequence and Structure Database. Nucleic Acids Research 36:D31-D37. [Published online, 2007 Oct 16, printed at January, 2008].
- Coutinho-Mansfield GC, Xue Y, Zhang Y, Fu XD (2007)PTB/nPTB switch: a post-transcriptional mechanism for programming neuronal differentiation. Genes & Development 21(13):1573-1577. [Printed in July 1]
- Lin H, Li TY, Xie MH, Zhang Y*(2007) Characterization of the variants, flanking genes and promoter activity of Leifsonia xyli subsp. cynodontis insertion sequence IS1237. Journal of Bacteriology 189:3217-3227. [Printed in Apr. Epub 2007 Feb 9]
- Meng Q, Zhang Y, Liu XQ. (2007) Rare group I intron with insertion sequence element in a bacterial ribonucleotide reductase gene. Journal of Bacteriology189:2150-2154. [Printed in Mar. Epub 2006 Dec 15.]
- Yin P, Li TY, Xie MH, Jiang L, Zhang Y *. (2006)A type Ib ParB protein involving in plasmid partitioning in a gram-positive bacterium. Journal of Bacteriology 188:8103-8108. [Printed in Dec. Epub 2006 Sep 22]
- Jiang YF, Xiao M, Yin P, Zhang Y*. (2006)Monovalent cations use multiple mechanisms to resolve ribozyme misfolding. RNA 12:561-566. [printed in April, Epub 2006 Feb 22]
- Zhou J, Wu J, Liu X, Qu F, Xiao M, Zhang Y, Charles L, Zhang CC, Peng L. (2006)Cooperative binding and self-assembling behavior of cationic low molecular-weight dendrons with RNA molecules. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry 4(3):581-585. [Printed Feb 7, Epub 2006 Jan 9]
- Han-xing Liu, Jun-jian Zhang, Ping Zheng, Yi Zhang. (2005)Altered expression of MAP-2, GAP-43, and synaptophysin in the hippocampus of rats with chronic cerebral hypoperfusion correlates with cognitive impairment. Molecular Brain Research, 139 (1): 169-177. [Printed Sep 13]
- Mu Xiao, Tingting Li, Xiaoyan Yuan, Yuan Shang, Fu Wang, Shoudeng Chen and Yi Zhang*. (2005)A peripheral element assembles the compact core structure essential for group I self-splicing. Nucleic Acids Research 33:4602-4611. [Printed Aug 12]
- Zhiqiang Chen and Yi Zhang*. (2005) Dimethylsulfoxide targets phage RNA polymerases to promote transcription.Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 333: 664-670. [Printed Aug 5]
- Zhijie Li and Yi Zhang*. (2005)Predicting the secondary structures and tertiary interactions of 211 group I introns in IE subgroup. Nucleic Acids Research 33:2118-2128. [Printed Apr 20]
- Jiangyu Wu, Jiehua Zhou, Fanqi Qu, Penghui Bao, Yi Zhang, Ling Peng. (2005) Polycationic dendrimers interact with RNA molecules: polyamine dendrimers inhibit the catalytic activity of Candidaribozymes. Chemical Communications (Camb). 2005(3):313-315. [Printed Jan 21. Epub 2004 Dec 9]
- Xiaoyan Jiang, Guanhua Du,Yi Zhang*. (2005) High throughput screening antifungal drugs using Candida albicans as a model. Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal 39:919-922.
- Libin Zhang, Mu Xiao, Chen Lu and Yi Zhang*.(2005) Fast formation of the P3-P7 pseudoknot: a strategy for efficient folding of the catalytically active ribozyme. RNA 11:58-69. [Printed Epub 2004 Dec 1.]
- Tai-Yuan Li, Ping Yin, Yu Zhou, Yi Zhang*, Yong-Ping Zhang, Tseh-an Chen. (2004)Characterization of the replicon of a 51-kb native plasmid from the gram-positive bacterium Leifsonia xyli cynodontis. FEMS Microbiology Letters 236: 33-39. [Printed July 1
- Lin Cheng, Tai-Yuan Li, Yi Zhang*.(2004) Rapid preparation of total nucleic acids from coli for multi-purpose applications. Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 37:351-355. [Printed May 31]
- Mu Xiao, Michael J. Leibowitz and Yi Zhang*.(2003) Concerted folding of a Candida ribozyme to the catalytically active structure posterior to a rapid RNA compaction. Nucleic Acids Research 31:3901-3908. (The cover paper of the issue) [Printed Jul 15]
- Yi Zhang, Zhijie Li, D. S. Pilch and M. J. Leibowitz. (2002)Pentamidine inhibits catalytic activity of group I intron Ca.LSU by altering RNA folding. Nucleic Acids Research 30:2961-2971. [Printed Jul 1]
- Yi Zhangand M. J. Leibowitz. (2001) Folding of the group I intron ribozyme from the 26S rRNA gene of Candida albicans. Nucleic Acids Research 29:2644-2653. [Printed June 15]
- Yi Zhang, P. S. Perlman and M. J. Leibowitz. (2000)Pentamidine inhibits mitochondrial intron splicing and translation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA 6:937-951. [Printed in July]
- Zhijie Li, Yi Zhang*（2003）Progress in group I inton ribozyme. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics 30 (3):363-369.
- Yi Zhang*（2008）RNA functions in RNA splicing: from catalysis to regulation， Chinese Bulletin of Life Sciences 20(2):202-206.
- Qijia Wu, Lin Huang, Yi Zhang（2009）The structure and function of catalytic RNAs，Science in China Series C: Life Sciences 52 (3):232-244.